Altman Easy Latch - ’55-’59 Chevy Truck
Are you tired of slamming the doors on your 1955-1959 Chevy Truck?
Are the latches on your classic truck not living up to the other work you've put into your pride and joy?
Face it, most classic truck door latches have been abused over the years and the available options don't offer the quality that your classic or custom Chevy truck deserves. That is where the Altman Easy Latch for 1955-1959 Chevy Trucks comes to the rescue.
The Altman Easy Latch kit is a vehicle specific, bolt-on, bear jaw rotary claw latch kit. Our kit features contoured jam plates to match the features of your vehicles doors. Our bear jaw rotary claw latches are each designed to work with the stock exterior handles, interior handles, and the exterior door lock cylinders of the specified vehicles. Each piece of our bear jaw latches are zinc plated to fight corrosion. The internal claws are case hardened and black oxide coated. Each kit comes with everything you need for two doors. The Altman Easy Latch kit will have your doors opening and closing smoothly and safely. All of our kits are designed, manufactured, and assembled here in the USA. Each of our Altman Easy Latch Kits are available for those that wish to use them on a shaved handle application.
Without Panel Instructions
With Panel Instructions
Proudly made in the U.S.A.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- Can I use Kindig spoon handles with your Altman latches for my ‘59 Apache pickup?
You certainly can. They work great together.
- If I have elect door locks and I lock the doors, then close the door, will the door remain LOCKED? Also i have panel 3 three doors. Can I purchase a driver side and 2 passenger side assembles? Thanks Walt
Our latch must be in the fully closed position before locking it. You can call us and place an order for three latches as you requested, however, the rear door is not the same as the front doors, so you will likely have to modify things to make that one work. Our phone number is 1.866.987.4783 Thank you for your inquiry.
- With the latches for 55-59 $379.95 quoted is that a pair
Yes. All of our kits are sold in pairs. Each kit comes with everything you need for both doors.
- I've seen the long panel kit for the door. What does the short panel look like? What is the difference between the two?
The first 3 images on the product page show the "Short Panel". The other 2 images of the blue truck, shows the "Long Panel". The Short Panel is designed to be used with a custom door panel and requires you to remove the factory interior panel. Our Long Panel is designed to work along with the factory interior panel. In the image you will see that the factory interior panel is white. The blue center section is our long panel that comes with the kit.
- Can you add power door locks to the 57 pickup latches
Yes. Each latch comes with locking provisions to be used with power locks.
- I bought the long panel kit. Now im thinking I want to run a full lenght door panel. Could I buy the short panels separately? Also with this kit, can you run one piece windows?
You can purchase the short panels for your needs. You should not experience any issues installing a one piece window kit.
- Are the long panel plates available separately?
If you have purchased the short panel kit and find yourself needing the long panels, we can certainly get you fixed up. Just give us a call at 620-792-2836