Altman Easy Latch - ’47-’51 Chevy Truck
Are you tired of slamming the doors on your 1947-1951 Chevy Truck?
Are the latches on your classic truck not living up to the other work you've put into your pride and joy?
Face it, most classic truck door latches have been abused over the years and the available options don't offer the quality that your classic or custom Chevy truck deserves. That is where the Altman Easy Latch for 1947-1951 Chevy Trucks comes to the rescue.
The Altman Easy Latch kit is a vehicle specific, bolt-on, bear jaw rotary claw latch kit. Our kit features contoured jam plates to match the features of your vehicles doors. Our bear jaw rotary claw latches are each designed to work with the stock exterior handles, interior handles, and the exterior door lock cylinders of the specified vehicles. Each piece of our bear jaw latches are zinc plated to fight corrosion. The internal claws are case hardened and black oxide coated. Each kit comes with everything you need for two doors. The Altman Easy Latch kit will have your doors opening and closing smoothly and safely. All of our kits are designed, manufactured, and assembled here in the USA. Each of our Altman Easy Latch Kits are available for those that wish to use them on a shaved handle application.
Proudly made in the U.S.A.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- Q: Does both sides of the latch lock? I installed a factory lock on the drivers side of my 1950 so I can lock/unlock either door.
A: Yes, both latches in the kit have lock provisions. So if you added a lock cylinder on the drivers side, you will be able to lock and unlock both latches.
- Q: I have a 47 Chevy pickup and I want to use kindig-it door handles. Do I need your 52-54 kit as there not a turn down handle
A: You will need a mix-match kit. We can help you out with what you need, just call in to 620-792-2836
- Q: Will your 47-51 chevy truck latch work with electric door locks?
A: They certainly will. We recommend our Lock Actuator Brackets to make it easier.
- Q:Hi Do you freight to Australia ? Im looking at your Bolt-on Bear Jaw Door Latches for 1947-51 Chevy Truck - Altman Easy Latches , Thank you Cooper
A: We certainly can ship to you. Just use our checkout on the website, and it will give you the pricing.
- Q: What is the difference between the 47-51 latch kit compared to the 52-54 latch kit? I have a 49 cab with 52 doors. Which kit should I use?
- Q: 2. Do you offer a kit that can be welded in? If not, can these bolt on kits be welded in?
- Q: 3. I notice in the instructions that you have to grind off the nub on the window track. I assume that this is for clearance reasons. If that is the case, is this also the reason you don't offer a weld in kit? I can see that cutting the installation plate (provided in the bolt on kit) down and welding it in flush with the door metal would push the latch further toward the window track by an amount equal to the thickness of the installation plate. Would that cause the latch to contact the window channel? Thank you,
A1: The 47-51 Chevy Trucks have turn-down style exterior door handles.
52-54 uses a push button style exterior handle.
You will need a mix match kit for your application. We can help. Give us a call at 620-792-2836
A2: We do not offer a separate kit for weld-in applications. You can weld our kit in. We advise that you install it as the instructions state, and then overlap weld the plate. Some people want to cut a hole the size of the plate and then butt-weld it in, while this may work fine, it does move components around a little and may cause alignment issues.
A3: You do have to grind that "nub" off the window channel for clearance. It may not be necessary on all applications, but it helps on some.