Altman Easy Latch 1967-1972 Chevy Truck
BEFORE YOU BUY!!!!
The kit you are looking at will work with 1967-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks that have the One Piece Window Kit by Brother's Truck Parts.
It will also work with the stock window configuration.
DO NOT USE if you have or plan to install One Piece Products window kit.
Are you tired of slamming the doors on your 1967-1972 Chevy C10/GMC Truck?
Are the latches on your classic C10/GMC not living up to the other work you've put into your pride and joy?
Face it, most classic truck door latches have been abused over the years and the available options don't offer the quality that your classic or custom Chevy C10/GMC truck deserves. That is where the Altman Easy Latch for 1967-1972 Chevy/GMC Trucks comes to the rescue.
The Altman Easy Latch kit is a vehicle specific bolt-on, bear jaw rotary claw latch kit. This kit for your 1967-1972 Chevy C10/GMC Truck features contoured jam plates to match the features of your vehicles doors. These are in no way a universal application. Our bear jaw rotary claw latches are each designed to work with the exterior handles, interior handles, and the exterior door lock cylinders of the specified vehicles. Each piece of our bear jaw latches are zinc plated to fight corrosion. Our internal claws are case hardened and black oxide coated. Each kit comes with everything you need for two doors. Latch plates, vehicle specific bear jaw rotary claw latches, templates, hardware, detailed instructions, striker plates, and even stainless steel striker bolts. The Altman Easy Latch kit will have your doors opening and closing smoothly and safely. All of our kits are designed, manufactured, and assembled here in the USA. Each of our Altman Easy Latch Kits are available for those that wish to use them on a shaved handle application.
- No welding necessary
- Works with exterior handles
- Works with interior handles
- Works with exterior lock cylinders
- Case hardened latch paws
- Stainless steel striker pins
- Everything you need for both doors
Proudly made in the U.S.A.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- I have 1969 Chevy c10 and have watched some videos of install of your door latches and I was wondering if you would tell me what kind of tool is that you use to cut the door for the latch?Have installed new weatherstripping and unbelievable how hard I have to SLAM my doors.
A reciprocating air saw works nicely, but others have used cut-off wheels and other cutting devices. Just depends on what you are comfortable using.
As for the weatherstripping, that will often make doors tougher to close. Sometimes, the rubber has to be "broke-in" to relieve some of the pressure. Our latches do not fix alignment issues on doors. They are just a better working, more secure latch that will stay closed. Hope this helps some.
- Will these work with the kindig door handles
Yes, all of our Push-Button style Altman Easy Latches will work with Kindig Handles
- Will these work if door handles are shaved?
We have a kit specifically for shaved handle applications. When ordering, just use the drop down tab to choose "Shaved Handle Application".
- What if im not running doir lock cylinders in the door can i use these with electric lock actuators
Yes, you can use power lock actuators in conjunction with our latches.
- Curious why these won’t work with One Piece Products glass kit.
Unfortunately the OPP glass kit leaves very little room where the latch resides. The instructions for the OPP kit call for the window channel to be pressed right up against the stock door latch. This does not allow enough room in the door to mount our latch. By embossing our installation plate, we are able to create enough room to work with Brother's One Piece glass kit. This is because the Brother's kit does not require the window channel to be relocated as much as the OPP kit.
- Can these be welded in for a more factory look?
All of our latches can be welded in. It is recommended that you install them as per the instructions and then overlap weld them so as not to change the math and geometry that the design is based on.
- What is the difference besides price in the 67-72 c10 latches
The kit for 209.95 is for trucks that have shaved door handles and lock cylinders.
The kit for 349.95 is a complete kit to be used with outside handles and lock cylinders.
- I'm looking at your Easy Latch kit for the 1967-72 Chevy C10. Do you need to cut your doors to use these?
As with all of our Altman Easy Latch kits, you will have to cut a section out of the corner of your door where the stock latch currently sits. We supply a template to make this cut easier and the installation plate covers the cut that is made.
- Do you have a latch for 1974 Chevy c10 Will they work with remote door openers
Unfortunately we do not currently have an Altman Easy Latch for the 74 C10's.